The California State PTA is urging all legislators and the Governor to Stand Up for Children. Below are additional talking points for PTA members to communicate to their elected officials.
We are at a critical crossroad in California. The California State PTA is calling on our legislature to invest in our children. It’s time to take a path that reflects the values of our society, a path that will take our children and our state into the future.
We must pass a budget that does not compromise our most important obligation—to support the education and welfare of children.
A budget compromise that cuts education and children’s services is a budget that flunks the test of good government: It hurts our children.
Our legislators must agree on a budget that we can ALL be proud of— a budget that ultimately ensures California is a vibrant economic force.
- A budget that makes severe cuts to children’s healthcare, foster care and other support services fails that test.
- A budget that cuts education funding fails that test.
- A responsible budget doesn’t make people choose between the health of children and their education – both are essential.
- We must focus on how much we need to invest in our children, not how much we can afford to cut.
- Only by adequately investing in our children today, can we ensure that California has a viable economy in the future.
- If there is not enough money in the budget now, just imagine how little there will be when we have an uneducated California.
- Just imagine how strong, vibrant and successful California will be if we are willing to invest in our children today.
The California State PTA urges all legislators and the Governor to Stand Up for Children.
Links and Resources:
Find Your Legislator
California State PTA Flunk the Budget/Stand Up for Children
Other District/State News Concerning the Budget
State PTA Legislative Alerts (send your name and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe)